The first Australian Social Changemakers’ Festival is a nine-day event being held in Sydney to celebrate social innovation in Australia. It is organised by ASIX, the Australian Social Innovation eXchange and will be supported by a number of partner organisations sought from the nonprofit, government and business sectors.
ASIX is a non-profit company formed to find better ways of tackling social problems, and responding to growing community needs and opportunities. We are a community of Australians working to design and implement new solutions to some of the social and environmental challenges and opportunities facing our world.
With the first Australian Social Changemakers’ Festival, our objectives are to:
- Promote and celebrate the work of Australian groups engaged in social innovation
- Draw attention to the important social challenges facing Australia and our world
- Explore the use of the arts and cultural practice in social innovation
- Build the ASIX community and support for our work
There will be many opportunities for individuals and groups to be involved in the Festival, including:
- Entering an artwork an in the exhibition for the chance to win $3,000 – read more here, or email exhibition curator Dr Tim Gregory at email@example.com
- Sponsoring the event, or running a stall or workshop – contact ASIX CEO Steve Lawrence on 0417 488 165 or at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Helping run or promote the festival – see our help page for opportunities
- Attending an event
For more information about ASIX, our mission, goals, values and board members, feel free to visit us at our website.